Hello, I want to take a moment to introduce myself to you as I ask for your support in joining me in restoring values back into our communities by holding our political representation accountable in providing the necessary protection and resource needed to aid in the sustainability of our communities . It is my belief that we must break the cycle of business as usual in Illinois politics by putting people first not politicians, yes it's time to reunite as a people and restore values back into our Government to do what is in the best interest of the people.
My Legislative Agenda
- Making sure we protect the pensions of police & firefighters who risk their lives everyday to serve and protect our families.
- Support legislation to introduce new crime fighting tools regarding domestic violence, drugs, and gangs, in neighborhoods.
- Form a youth mentorship committee to provide education and athletic scholarships.
- Help create jobs for convicted felons to return to useful citizenship after release from prison according to our Illinois constitution.
- Making sure we put more resources in place to provide jobs, housing, healthcare and education to assist our military veterans and their families during active duty and after they have served our country honorably.
Economic Development Reform
- Sponsoring better jobs legislation creating more jobs, & protecting workers & unemployment benefits supporting families.
- Sponsoring better legislation to support small business growth opportunity grants related to Rural & Urban Agricultural Farmland, Green / Solar Energy Projects, & Technology expansion Rural & Urban Communities.
- Sponsoring better legislation to protect Homeowners experiencing foreclosure.
- Create better legislation to expand access to Construction Redevelopment projects, Apprenticeship trade programs, contracts and projects for minorities to do business with the State of Illinois.
- Supporting legislation to address a new school funding formula so that all students can have access to a quality public education in a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Supporting legislation that would require all school board members be elected by voters.
- Protecting our seniors from nursing home neglect, physical abuse, and financial crimes.
- Expanding and implementing new programs to include healthcare, vacations, and senior games competitions throughout the 34th Representative District.
- Making sure we provide access to healthcare, & prevention care for everyone in our state.
- Increase funding to care for persons diagnosed with, Autism, Breast Cancer, Substance Abuse, HIV, & Mental health disorders.
- I will be visible by forming working advisory groups with constituents & other interested community stakeholders to address crime, jobs, housing, agriculture, parks, & redevelopment in Chicago, Burnham IL, Calumet City IL, Lansing IL, Sauk Village IL, Lynwood IL, Kankakee County IL, & Will County IL.